Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Past Few Weeks

I apologize for my absence the past weeks. Ever since I returned from Connecticut early last month, my life seemed to take on an unstoppable momentum. As always, much of that activity involved the preparation and enjoyment of food, as depicted in the photos below. 
I'll be back soon with more in-depth reports on my foodie adventures. 



Straining apples for apple butter.

Solyanka: a Russian casserole I created from the farm share's abundance of cabbage and potatoes.

A big hunk of chocolate cheesecake: three packages of Philly cream cheese and a couple of cups of sour cream. Scharffen Berger chocolate. 

Thanksgiving turkey Preparations. For flavor, we stuffed the bird with celery, onions, sage, and lemon (left). Carrots, parsnips, and onions served as a base in the roasting pan (right).

Cooking the Thanksgiving Turkey. It wasn't difficult at all; I just wanted to make sure it was perfect. 

It was perfect.

...and so was the company (Miss Ella, bottom left corner!)

I pay a visit to a classic Maine diner with some classic people.

No comments:

Post a Comment