Thursday, September 15, 2011

First Mac of the Season

I had an exciting morning: I bit into my first Mac of the season. That's right, apple season is upon us, and I plan to celebrate soon by picking my own at Poverty Lane Orchards.

Oh! And I finally became an official member of the Coop Food Store (where I purchased, the aforementioned McIntosh). It only took three years for me to join, even though I shop there at least once a week. I think today's action means I've truly arrived in the Upper Valley.

But that's not all. The coming week should be exciting. On Saturday morning, I hope to stop by the Norwich Farmers' Market before it closes for the season. And in the afternoon M., Beth, and I have will make a trip to the Tunbridge Worlds Fair, which I am told by one local, "is just bizarre." Sounds like a good enough advertisement to me.

I'm also on assignment and need to track down a New Hampshire turkey farm to write about. I bet I can find one. I also need to check in and have dinner at Stella's Italian Kitchen and Restaurant in Lyme, New Hampshire. I'll let you know how it all goes.

As far as the fitness aspect of my life? There was a great article in today's Valley News about how my swimming teammate, Pam Aman, switched her focus from cross-country running to swimming.

Nothing exciting. Ever since knee problems had me pull out of training for Keene's Clarence DeMar marathon, I've thought of adding a gentle workout to the mix. I tried Bikram yoga (hot yoga) once more last night. Ninety minutes in a 105-degree (I suspect hotter) carpeted room with 17 yoga practitioners? All I can say is "ick."

By the way, I do realize I need to add photos to this blog. It's just been hard to get my act together since we moved to the new place. Hope to have some snapshots of the fair and Stella's.




No comments:

Post a Comment